Jay Plemons

Monday, January 16, 2006

Bloods and Crips

Ok, so today, I was in the mall looking at DVDs when a bunch of people started running by the mall. I heard a bunch of yelling, so naturally I went out to see what was going on. There was a bunch of bloods and crips on the first floor going at it.

I was on the second floor, so I had a pretty good view of the action.
At first it was just a bunch of running around, screaming, and throwing gang signs, but then a bunch of them started fighting. They knocked down a display at Starbucks, breaking all the mugs. All the stores in the area closed their gates. I felt like I was in a Western where all the shops close down during the showdown.

The security guards kept trying to break it up, but they would just runaround to a different place. One guy picked up a chair and busted it aross another dudes head. I had a good view of that, and even got it on my video phone.

A couple minutes later, the police showed up with their guns drawn. It was pretty crazy, I never seen anything like it in my life. The mall is 3 stories with the shops around the outside, and the middle opened up. People were lined up all around the railings whatching it like it was some kind of sporting event. But, I guess people just have to celebrate Martin Luther King day in their own way.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home