Jay Plemons

Friday, November 18, 2005

Walk The Line



Ok, so tonight I finally got to see the movie I have been waiting all summer to see. Here in Hollywood, there are posters up for movies months before they come out just there to tease you.

A while back there was a very influential commercial for Applebees or Chilis with the song "Ring of Fire." But instead of eating their ribs, I started listening to Johnny Cash.

At first it was just his biggest songs, "Ring of Fire," "Walk the Line," and "Folsom Prison Blues," but the more I listened to those, I started to listen to others. The more songs I listened to, the more I started to find out about it him. The more I found out about him, the more I became a fan.

With the build up for a movie like this, all the old concert footage and promotion that comes along with a biopic, the more of a chance there is to be disappointed. I was relieved when I found out that John had approved the script and picked Joaquin. There was no disappointment with this movie. It was excellent.

It is an excellent story about John, his relationship with June, and his struggles with drug addiction.

Excellent acting with Joaquin and Reese.

Easily one of my favorite movies.

2 Comments:

  • I always sing Cash songs at Karaoke.

    I was wondering why Fresh Air on NPR is making such a big fuss about him these past few days. He was a great singer indeed.

    By Blogger crallspace, at 3:53 PM  

  • I heard it was excellent. Can't wait to see. Just got his greatest hits box set. Didn't realize he was such an amazing lyricist.

    By Blogger Gina, at 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home