Jay Plemons

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

November 1, 2005

Ok, so last night as I was fighting my way through the crazy packed Halloween crowd last night on Hollywood Blvd. on my way to the gym, I felt pain in my left big toe. When I went to bed, I couldn't go to sleep because the pain was so much.

So at about 5 I got up to use the restroom, and as I was washing my hands, I felt a little dizzy. Walking back to my room, I remember putting my hands on the door post, then I woke up with pain on the back of my head. I I turned my head and realized that I was laying next a 35 pound dumbbell.

I remember when I was a kid complaining about a pain somewhere, my dad would offer to hurt another part of my body so that my original pain would go away. That method actually works. As I was laying there, I felt no pain at all. It was my first relief all night. I thought maybe I was dead or something.

After a few minutes, I got back in bed and fell asleep. I went to the doctor later, and found out it was an ingrown toe nail. The doctor said that he could remove.

He stuck my toe with a huge needle to numb it, but when he started to remove the side half of my toe nail, I found out that my toe wasn't all the way numb.

Well, he cut half my toe nail off, and that was the end of the pain. Plus my killer insurance from Gap, inc. took care of all but $10 of the bill. Not too shabby.

2 Comments:

  • That's better than my insurance plan does. I'd have to go in, see the doctor and make ANOTHER appointment. Both times, with a co-pay of $30.

    I hate the American healthcare system so much it hurts.

    By Blogger crallspace, at 6:07 PM  

  • check out United Health Care...www.uhc.com

    By Blogger Jay Plemons, at 9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home