Jay Plemons

Saturday, October 01, 2005

The Greatest Game Ever Played



Ok, so when I was a substitute teacher, I once had an English class that had a work sheet to do the whole period. Since I had nothing to do but 'babysit' the whole time, I started "Holes" by Louis Sachar (Sacker) that was on the teacher's desk. I started reading it because when I was in Jr. High, I had read his "Sideways Stories From Wayside School" series. When I got done reading it (5 hours later) I thought that I would want to turn "Holes" into a movie. Disney beat me to it with Shia Labeouf playing Stanley Yelnats.

I saw Shia on "Last Call with Carson Daly" while he was promoting his movie, Disney's "The Greatest Game Ever Played."

Shia plays Francis Ouimet (Wemet) a Scottish immigrant that grows up as a caddy on a golf course, and becomes one of the greatest golfers of all time. It is a really good movie. Even though I thought it has a little too much CGI, it is still a great story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home