Jay Plemons

Thursday, October 06, 2005

A Collision or 3+4=7



Ok, so I first saw the David Crowder Band last summer at King's Island while they were on Michael W. Smith's "Healing Rain" tour. Mercy Me was also there. It was one of the best concerts I' ve seen. The best still belongs to the time I saw The Waiting/Third Day/Newsboys.

I bought their CDs, and they were excellent.

Well, I just got their new CD, "A Collision" or "3+4=11" It is a great CD, and quite possibly the best CD I have ever heard*. There are 21 tracks, and a couple of the tracks are like intermissions and stuff. Hard to describe. There is such a variety of music as well. Loretta Lynn's "Everybody Wants To Go To Heaven" and Hank William Sr's "I Saw The Light", old recordings from concerts and radio programs are also mixed in the middle of it all. Just the way it is put together is incredible.

Also, nothing to do with the CD, but I just found out that David Crowder wrote the theme song/jingle for the Christian radio program "Walk in the Word" with Dr. James MacDonald.






*Rich Mullins is by far the best recording artist ever. Every song of his is excellent. There is no way that anyone can be compared to him. So I'm not including Rich when I say "A Collision" is probably the best CD I have heard.

1 Comments:

  • Best ever? Rich Mullins?

    Dude, I can name several better than him. Merzbow, for starters.

    By Blogger crallspace, at 8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home